The Good Food Guide has today announced the ten regional winners in its prestigious The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year Awards.
The Readers’ Restaurant of the Year Awards call on the public to nominate their favourites and this year there was a vigorous response from the UK’s food lovers, with a record 44,500 people nominating independenty-run restaurants, pubs and cafes from around the UK. The Good Food Guide award judges have sifted through all the nominations to pick the regional winners and celebrate some of the best dining experiences around the country.
This year’s ten regional winners are:
– East of England – Maison Bleue, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
– London – Charlotte’s Place, Ealing
– Midlands – The Bluebell, Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire
– North East – Van Zeller, Harrogate
– North West – Grenache, Walkden, Manchester
– Northern Ireland – Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast
– Scotland – Ubiquitous Chip, Glasgow
– South East – Jeremy’s Restaurant, Haywards Heath, W Sussex
– South West – The Swan, Wedmore, Somerset
– Wales – Y Polyn, Carmarthen
Elizabeth Carter, Consultant Editor of The Good Food Guide, said: ‘This year’s regional winners in The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year awards really are a stellar bunch. Each restaurant is testament to the great dining scene around the UK and we heartily congratulate them all. Of course, what makes these awards so special is that they are based on feedback from The Good Food Guide readers – the people who are out there eating and enjoying food every day – what higher compliment could there be?’
To qualify for these esteemed awards – intended to champion local neighbourhood eateries – restaurants needed to be independently run and offer regional or local produce where possible. One of the regional winners will now go on to be named the overall winner, claiming the esteemed award of The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year 2013 and and this announcement will be made at an award ceremony in London on 20th June 2012.
All ten regional winners will appear in The Good Food Guide 2013 which publishes on 10th September 2012.